Who Are You Dealing With
As a minimum when dealing with companies that approach you with potential job opportunities you should attempted the following basic actions.
· Check out website.
· Check out recruiting company by using Google.
· Speak to careers dept of the company in question.
NOTE …….there should be limited fraud activities relating to recruitment in this space. However in a non recruitment world do not give away your personal details to supposed Banks and Financial institutions (or indeed to anyone) on the pretence of updating your account.
· Check out their website.
· Is the contact only through an email address or mobile number ?
· Check out that there is a land line telephone.
· Check out that the company is listed in relevant trade journals.
· Try to find other candidates that have used the recruiter in question.
· Ideally go and see the offices.
· Is the company a member of REC.
· Do not take up offered services when you originally applied for an advertised position.